Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weep child, Weep

emptiness, vacuum, silence, darkness, tears and pain
swollen eyes, dry lips, cold hands, blurry and burning sight
a knot in my stomach and pressure in my chest
the storm is filled with rage and I have no strength to fight it anymore

weep child, weep away your pain
weep child, weep there’s nothing wrong in crying
he’ll come and rescue you, as he once said

the pain will, go you’ll heal- my child
the storm will ease, the empty space will be filled, words will be spoken
and the sun will shine again, warming your heart- my child you’ll see
I said to myself, while the last tear runs through my face,
hoping that soon I’ll laugh until my cheeks hurt
soon, an immense happiness will burst open my chest, instead of this unbearable sadness

I know, as soon as I accept the pain it will walk away
so go on, weep child, weep I said to myself

No comments: