Saturday, January 9, 2010

Living in the city

sounds of a society Your presence, so precious
your presence so precious to me
that’s constantly changing and growing
just like us

a society that no matter how hard we try
we cant escape
cause the second when we were born
we became part of it

a society
a distant sound of a siren
with a thousand possibilities
of a person in danger
a house burning down
a car accident, a robbery, a murder

I stopped wondering what’s happening beyond my walls
on the other side of my own world
does that makes me a bad person?
Did I lost my sensitivity?
After all these years of witnessing this society?
Perhaps....
Did I got use to them?
Perhaps...
Did I loose my faith?
Did my voice got lost in this ocean of strangers with no face/
Perhaps...

Living in the city, in a city the kingdom of a society
that we created a long time ago
that molds us
that mold me with time into my mood- this time being black
Living in the city- my crime, my death

When the day comes
where I stop taking care of myself and my love ones
when I stop wondering about life
please don’t condemn me but this society that we live in

No comments: