Saturday, January 9, 2010

There was a time

There was a time, when I was a child
I had nightmares every night
my house was burning down
... so now
memories from my childhood faded away
and I don’t longer remember them

I come from so many stories, ideas of a past
that I might have created along my life
I come from so many, many stories
that I wrote down, that I cried out, that I laughed out loud
some survived, some faded away

I once buried a precious rose
trying to leave it behind
cause it was hurting my heart
it made me cry so many times, it was still hunting me down
I couldn’t understand why if I’d berried that one in the past
I come from so many, many stories
and I discovered the rose lived in my mind
and no longer in my hands

There was a time when I thought I could change the world
make it a better place
but I forgot I was the first one to be saved
so I berried the rose again
cause it was causing me so much pain, again
I was growing old and hopefully wise

I come from so many stories, ideas of a past
that I might have created along my life
I come from so many, many stories
about a far away land that I left behind
and I thought my heart turned into ice
I come from so many stories and some changed along the way

My mind thinks I cried but I might have actually laugh out loud
now I that I think I can see clearly I am blind
even though you bring light to my life
I still fear that I might crash

Past memories they hunt me and scare me
I don’t want to believe in false stories anymore
I know I cant fix the world but I can fix my own universe

I wish I had healing powers
but I am no more than a crooked tree
a crooked tree that now grows toward the light, towards the sky
I have some lovely flowers but nothing too much

I come from so many stories
I come from so many memories
so I hope you understand
I still fear you might cut me down
it was written in my heart since I was a child
the fear of being left behind

I come from so many stories
and now its time for mine
cause all I want to do
is write about you an me
until the words fade with the last breath of our forgotten story
our forgotten memory our forgotten life

No comments: