Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Spirit of the Red CedarTree- Circle of Stones Story

i lived a thousand years that's what the rings on my body say
roads filled with stories of an ancient time, a quiet time
scars from hard winters and strong storms
leaves that left me nourishing me and my surroundings
blooming flowers, brought new friends and good companions
warming and gracious moments, when i served as refugee to others
hugs and smiling moments, when i danced with other at the rhythm of the wind

i lived a thousand years that's what the rings on my body say
i lived a thousand years, until they cut me down
until i fall down hard to the ground in a big roar
the earth tremble as my body was breaking- shattered
until my body was detaching from my roots, my nourishing life

a thousand years i lived and more
today there is still a whole in those woods
there is still a part of me living there
a scar on the soil where i stood
silent wind blows on my grounds
i am the spirit of a red cedar tree
that lived a thousand years

1 comment:

PAZ said...

Sofi me encanta!! Gracias!!