Monday, June 9, 2008

The Paradox

















*canvas 12x12- acrylics

During our life we are trained in adopting certain ways
we grow up conditioned
so we grow stronger in self awareness or weaker
our self can be easier corrupted or not at all
and this two ends are created
We learn about:
right and wrong
pain and happiness
deceptions and honesty
morality and ethics
traditions and our cultures believes
prejudices and judgments
religion and our own believes

Now that I am turning 26
I can say something’s are just words
there is no action supporting the meaning
I can talk about deceive and honesty
I can talk about loyalty and love
I can talk about expectations and deceptions
I can talk about destiny and dreams
Now I can say that I stopped believing in certain things
creating my own ideals, thoughts and emotions
As I use to believe that when your hair started growing white
you would instantly become wiser
But I finally realize that what changes us
what makes us grow
what makes us understand more about ourselves and others
what makes us involved in our dreams and desires
what makes us passionate and courageous
what makes us patient and tolerant
are our experiences and what we chose to do with them,
followed by the way we face life and the way we live life.

No comments: