Friday, September 19, 2014

To the Loyal Soldier

I sense you from time to time
and I wish you wouldn't talk to me that way
so when I hear you speak
I feel deep sadness
sadness that dampens my bones
its like your voice overpowers me
takes a hold of me
and I find myself in a dark room all alone
I still hope that you'll soon stop
you speak of expectations that are almost never spoken
expectations that somehow speak about love or no love, caring or caring not
and it is the power of awareness and consciousness that allows me to break free of your trap
it still pains me though, to hear your words
and the memory of those words echo in the background, in my bones
and yet, my hope is to love you unconditionally
so one day I am able to stand in the dark,
listening to your words with an open heart
and then, your words won't pain me
I will only hear pain in your words and I will only try to comfort you
for you are the one that had been suffering all along.

1 comment:

Cindrella said...

Poetry is usually sad my friend..
i love it.. it holds a lot of deep feelings..
i love you <3