Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life and Meaning (Lemu the Spirit of the Forest)

A leaf,
slowly falling to the ground
softly holed by the wind from the west
swinging from side to side and gradually placed on the soil
like a mother rocking her baby to sleep
Mother Nature,
Mother Earth,
The Great Spirit.

The leaf, Lemu
that once lived attached,
taking part of her beautiful foliage
connected to the branch of a beautiful and majestic Maple Tree.

The maple- tall, scaly trunk, thick, and with more than a thousand stories, buried in the depth of a forest- that luckily its protected as a national park

Now it was September and sadly Lemu had to say goodbye
Goodbye mother, Goodbye world

So there it is. Lemu.
laying on the wet ground, exposed
time feels slower in this regions, he thought
I feel alone and cold, continued and thought again
I can not see far away anymore, I can not dance with the rhythms of the four winds.

I once was colourful: green as the forest, bleeding red as the dying sunset, yellow and orange as the fires of the sun- now brown as the soil
Birds used to pass me and sing to me
I used to fight storms - the maple hold me and I holed on to her as well
But I guess we couldn't hold on to each other anymore
The maple, my stream of life, let me go and I guess at some point I let her go too

So now no more birds come to visit
instead ants and other insects
the slowly takes little bits of my flesh
architectural grandeur they are those ants.

As time goes by --- time: what a dream, what a joke
as I become thinner,I become closer to the earth- more compact
the rain falls over me, disfiguring me
big drops pushing me down to earth depths
mold, bacteria, yeast - growth and overgrowth over/under me

and suddenly: transformation and transcendence
I become everything, I expand and I contract...
Where is "ME"? What happened to "ME"? !!!! Help !!!!I shout
Help somebody!!!! My body is gone and why then I am not?
I am scared and alone... Please someone help ME!!!

Silence....
Silence...
Tic - tac/ Tic- tac (... as times goes by.. /with an ironic, joking, evil laughter)
Silence....
Silence...

Tu, tum, tu, tum
Tu, tum, Tu, tum

Blop, Blop.... shhhhh.... shhhhh... Blop, Blop

The rain falls
Trapped in my own mind?

Somehow,
As the rain falls my thirst of answers is satisfied

I feel the full feeling of oxygen running through me
I feel the worms tingling and tickling me
I can taste the atoms of nutrients
I can feel the breath of mother nature, caressing me, loving me
whispering: "meaning there always is"

As the wind blows the rain away
slowly... germination and roots

I can see the sky again
I can feel the warmth of the sun again
I can hear the birds singing
and there she is lovely as always
Radiant, magnificent, tall and red, her relaxing fragrance, and strong

As the rain wakes up again, I move and try to embrace her
As the wind pushes me closer to her
I softly hear: "meaning there always is"

*Lemu means Forest in Mapuche (Argentinean indigenous)

1 comment:

Pepa Chan said...

que lindos los dos poemas sof... me siento identificada con el del darkness porque a veces me hago las mismas preguntas respecto a mi arte.
te quiero muchooooooooo xo