Friday, May 30, 2014

The Warrior of Light

My house is haunted 
and there is nowhere to go 
I heard my mother say that in this process 
we are raw to our skin 
I can say that is exactly how I feel 
my skin, bare to the flames of fire 

I saw a ghost the other day 

it changed shape 
fear overtook me 
and I felt as if it touch me 
it would stick to me forever 
it had no face but when I looked  
it laughed at me 


There are moments of helplessness 
there are moments that the child within all she does is cry in anguish 
and the adolescence fights until she gets caught in wire 
and bleeds with her own anger and drowns in her own pain 
there are moments that the great mother comes with her gentle touch and caresses my face 
I can feel her love, I can feel the love within 
and for a brief moment there is acceptance, there is compassion, and comfort 


This is the journey of the warrior of light, 
and so far I can't tell you how it will end 
all I can say is that my stomach lives in a knot so tight that I'm choking 
the ghosts of fears hunt me everyday 
and the light within me and the beauty around me reminds me of my potential 
so I keep on going, one step at time 
one lesson at a time shining light into the darkest parts of myself


No comments: